Penn Live POP Configuration for Thunderbird (Windows)
- The first time you run Thunderbird, this dialog will automatically open. If this is not
the first time you have run Thunderbird, you can get to the dialog by going to the tools menu,
selecting "Account Settings..." and clicking the "Add Account" button in the bottom left corner
of the window. Make sure the "Email Account" option is select and click Next.
- Enter your name, as you would like it be appear on the emails that you send. Enter your full
SAS email address and Pennlive password. Click Continue.
- After clicking Continue, click the option for Manual config once it appears.
- Choose POP3 for the Incoming server type. Enter the Server hostnames
for the incoming server, pop3.live.com, and the outgoing server,
smtp.live.com. Enter your full SAS email address as the Username. Click
- The server information will be populated. Click Create Account. The account will be created and you will be taken to your Inbox.
- Go to the Tools menu and select Account Settings.
Select Server Settings from the left navigation bar. Check the box that says Leave
messages on server and the one that says Until I delete them.
- You are now set up to use Thunderbird with Penn Live.