iPhone/iPad users can use either the built-in mail and calendar apps or Microsoft's Outlook for iOS to configure their devices for PennO365 email and calendar.
Built-In iOS Mail and Calendar for PennO365
To configure your iPhone or iPad for PennO365 email and calendar:
Use the Settings app.
Tap Mail. (On older iPhones, you may need to tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Accounts).
- Tap Accounts.
Tap Add Account (or on older iPhones, Add account>Email).
In the Add Account page, tap Exchange.
Fill in the email, password, and description settings:
Email address: Enter your PennO365 Account Name (e.g., not ).
Password: Enter your PennO365 password. This is the password that you established when you activated your PennO365 account. If you do not remember your password, go here to learn about resetting your password.
Description: A description for your Penn email account that you’ll remember (e.g.: Work).
Tap Next. Your account will be verified.
Select the features you’d like to sync. By default, your PennO365 Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders and Notes information will synchronize with iPhone/iPad. Tap Save. Below is a description of the options.
Mail: This is needed to access your email
Contacts: Only check this if you want your contacts comingled with your phone contacts
Calendars: Check this if you want to see your PennO365 Account
Reminders: This works with tasks in Outlook
If you're prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. A passcode is required to use your Penn email and calendar on your device. You can also set up a passcode later in your settings
Your Exchange account now appears in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section. Select it to view the Settings.
Tap Account. Select Advanced Settings.
Scroll down and verify that Use SSL is turned ON. Return to the Account screen and tap Done.
Outlook for iOS requires iOS 8.0 or higher.
- Do one of the following:
- If you don't have Outlook installed, download Outlook for iOS app from the App Store. Once installed, tap Open to launch the app, then tap Get Started. Swipe to left and tap Add an Account.
- If you already have it installed, open it, then tap Settings > Add Account.
- Tap Office 365.
Fill in the email and password fields:
- Email Address: Enter your PennO365 Account Name (e.g., not ).
- Password: Enter your PennO365 password. This is the password that you established when you activated your PennO365 account.
- Tap Sign in.
- Select Yes to let the app access your info. Outlook for iOS begins syncing.