Wired Network (PennNet) in DRL
Your must get your computer's MAC address (or physical address) registered before it can access PennNet via Ethernet.
MAC addresses consists of 6 pairs of letters/numbers. Your computer may display them as an unbroken string, or as pairs separated by colons (:) or dashes (-)
Please send a message to with the room number where your computer will be used, the number of the wall port you intend to plug it into (e.g. DRL-2E6-U2), and your computer's MAC address.
Depending on location, it may take up to 20 minutes for servers to update. Usually, the wait is much shorter.
Finding your MAC Address
Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Open a Command window (Start Menu > cmd.exe)
- Locate the Local Area Network interface/card
- Copy the MAC address/physical address
- Open System Preferences
- Select Network
- Select the TCP/IP tab
- Copy the Ethernet Address
- Open your preferred terminal shell
sudo ifconfig -a
- Locate the Ethernet interface (e.g., eth0)
- Copy the HWaddr