Please click this link for the latest information. All Summer 2020 classes will be remote. Contact for information on how to prepare.
See the What's New section on our Tools for Teaching page for latest updates
Remote Teaching Consultations
In May 2020, the Arts & Sciences Online Learning team offered Remote Teaching Consultations for instructors who are newly integrating online learning technologies into their SAS and LPS courses because of disruption from COVID-19. The following are pre-recorded sessions of these Remote Teaching Consultations:
- Monday 12:00 pm: Remote Teaching with Canvas
- Tuesday 12:00 pm: How to record lectures and presentations in Panopto from your computer.
- Wednesdays 12:00 pm: How to use Zoom for live synchronous class meetings
- Thursday 12:00 pm: Using discussion tools in Canvas – Piazza, Perusall, VoiceThread, and Canvas Discussions for asynchronous class interaction
- Thursday 5pm: Remote Teaching Consultation, a drop-in session. Bring your questions.
- To join ALL workshops click this link for Zoom: https://zoom.us/my/remoteteaching
- See the full workshop schedule here: Workshops for Summer Remote Instructors
Workshops for Teaching Remotely
Penn's Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) recorded a variety of online workshops about Resources and Strategies for Teaching Remotely during the Spring semester, which you can view on their website. They will be announcing workshops for Summer courses during the first week of May. Registration is required.