For Summer 2020, SAS Computing has deployed a virtual PC lab (vLab) for use in specific SAS Courses.
How does it work?
- Create a special account that you will use to login to the vLab. Visit https://kite.password.isc.upenn.edu/KITE/
- Access the vLab through https://sas.desktop.upenn.edu
- From there, you can download VMware Horizon client program or use HTML access
- HTML access is the simplest way to use the virtual lab; everything works right in your web browser.
- The Horizon client provides more functionality including the ability to connet to resources on your local computer, including disc drives and USB devices.
- See our Connecting to the SAS vLab page for details on how to connect
- When connected to the virtual lab you will be running a Windows 10 PC that works much like an on-campus lab computer
- You need to save your work by uploading to Google Drive, Canvas or whatever cloud-based storage you normally use
- Each time you log in, you get a brand new session. You will not be able to pick up where you left off or leave your work saved on the VLab computer
vLab includes the following software:
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- ArcGis 10.7
- Atlas.ti 8.4
- Google Chrome
- IBM SPSS Statistics 26
- Maple 2019.2
- MATLAB R2019b
- Office 2016
- Stata 16/IC
Students in these courses are able to login and use the virtual lab
- NELC-346-401 2020A
- URBS-200-301 2020A
- ANTH-516-401 2020A
- ANTH-572-401 2020A
- SOCI-100-401 2020A
- If you need to use the vLab for a course that is not listed here, use the form below to request access
- Penn Libraries has a virtual lab available for general use; see https://guides.library.upenn.edu/vlab