The Two-Step Verification service will drastically reduce the risk of compromised data and nefarious use of your accounts. Because a login from a new computer requires not just a password but a verification code that is delivered to your smartphone it is much harder for malicious, unauthorized users to gain access.
Please see below for instructions on how to set up Two-Step for various accounts here at Penn.
If you are not already, we strongly suggest that you enroll in Duo Push. Duo Push is the most convenient method of Two-Step verification: the user receives a popup message on their phone much like in the image above. They would simply press "approve" instead of needing to enter any numbers.
To set up Duo Push:
- Navigate to this website: https://twostep.apps.upenn.edu
- Click on Manage Settings
- Sign in with your Pennkey
- Scroll down to the Devices section
- Under Duo Push: click on enroll in Duo Push
- This will begin the enrollment wizard
- Make sure you have Duo Mobile installed on your phone
- As you go through setup, you will be prompted with a test Push
- Let us know if you have any questions!
Two-Step Verification for Pennkey:
Two-Step Verification is now required for all SAS Faculty and Staff. It's easy to use, and it dramatically increases the security of your PennKey protected accounts.
For a user-friendly introduction to Two-Step see: https://www.isc.upenn.edu/two-step-quick-start.
If you have additional questions, please contact your Local Support Provider (LSP).
Two-Step Verification for PennO365:
Two-Step Verification for PennO365 will be a requirement by the end of the month, December 2019. Your department should have contacted you about a day/time that your account will have Two-Step Verification turned on. Please click here for more information.
PennO365 has been configured to work with the University’s multi-factor authentication service, Two-Step Verification.
Users interested in enrolling in PennO365 with Two-Step Verification should contact their Local Support Providers for information about enrolling.
- Please ensure that your current Two-Step settings are up to date here: https://twostep.apps.upenn.edu
- Please also consider enrolling in Duo Push if you are not already enrolled.
- Once Two-Step for O365 has been enabled and confirmed by your LSP, please sign out of all instances of Outlook on your desktop, laptop, and mobile devices
- When Outlook is re-opened, you will be prompted for your o365 email password, then prompted for a Two-Step verification (Duo Push, or to enter numbers)
- If you do not know your o365 email password, you can reset it first here: https://kite.password.isc.upenn.edu/penno365/
Please note that to use PennO365 with Two-Step Verification, users must first be enrolled in Pennkey Two-Step Verification.
Two-Step Verification for Google@SAS:
To add another layer of security to your Google@SAS or personal Gmail account you can enroll in Google Two-Step Verification here.