Over the years, many Penn English Language Programs students have enjoyed living at International House, a 24-hour security, high-rise building just a few blocks from the University of Pennsylvania. International House provides a friendly living experience for over 350 American and international students. International House also offers these benefits:
- privacy of furnished single rooms
- cooking facilities in shared kitchens in some suites
- Computer Center with Internet access
- wireless Internet service in all public areas; DSL service available at an extra charge
- many social activities, including trips, parties and free films and concerts
- great conversations with residents to practice your English skills
- a great location, walk just four blocks to ELP classes
Private single rooms (9'x 12' or 2.73m x 3.64m) are grouped in suites of ten rooms. Suites are separate for men and women. Suites have a common lounge, which is the center of many social activities, and a large shared bathroom. All single rooms are air conditioned and fully furnished with a bed, desk and chair, dresser, closets, bookshelves and lamps. Each room also contains a pillow, blanket and bedspread.
In suites with kitchens, there is a shared dining and kitchen area with stove/oven, microwave oven, dishwasher and storage cabinets. Each single room has a refrigerator. In suites without kitchens, residents may bring their
|Full Payment, due upon arrival|| |
|Monthly Rate |
(Based on a stay of 1-2 months)
|Single Room with shared bathroom|| |
|Single Room with shared bathroom & kitchen|| |
All new residents will be charged a $50 non-refundable application fee, a $35 linen fee (for 1 set of sheets, pillowcase, and towels), a $100 service fee and a $350 deposit, which is applied to your first month's rent.
Prices valid through March 2015 and are subject to change.
- Arrange for payment of the $50 application fee and deposit of $350*. You may pay in either of two ways:
- Check drawn on U.S. bank, an international money order, or travelers check payable to "International House."
- Credit Card, either VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diner's Club. If you wish to use this option, please make sure to fill out the credit card section on the International House page of the housing application.
*The $350 deposit is used to hold the room until your arrival and will be applied to your first months rent.
- Apply online.
- If International House has an available room, you will receive confirmation and additional information as soon as it available. Deposits are not refundable to those who cancel their reservation after receiving a confirmation letter.
- All charges for the session are due in full when you arrive. Longer stays have
different payment options.
Those students applying to International House are encouraged to apply early. There are a limited number of rooms available for those students wishing to stay for less than three months.
For more information, contact:
Housing OfficeEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3701 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA
Phone: (215) 387-5125 x6540
Fax: (215) 895-6535