To apply for a leave of absence or a withdrawal from the University or for readmission to the University, a student must submit a written request to be approved by the graduate chair and the Associate Dean for Graduate Education.

Any student on a leave of absence who wishes to retain access to Penn's facilities must pay a fee per term of absence. This fee is added to the Student Financial Services bill by the home school. If you are interested in this option for Arts and Sciences, please contact the Graduate Division.