RESEARCH SUPPORT FOR FACULTY
The Trustees’ Council of Penn Women (TCPW) wishes to assist Assistant Professors seeking promotion to the permanent rank of Associate Professor, as well as Associate Professors working for promotion to Full Professor. In support of this goal, TCPW offers several research grants, up to $5,000 each, for female faculty or faculty members whose research is centrally concerned with the role of women in society, science, or arts and letters. The grant may be used at any time during the academic year to support research-related expenses.
- TCPW faculty research grant applications are due on April 15
- notification of awards will be made by mid-May
To Apply: Please complete the online application, which includes the following information:
- 2-page summary of the research you wish to undertake, including an explanation of how the grant will be used to facilitate the research
- budget information on how TCPW funds will be spent and the requested time period for using the funds
- curriculum vitae
- name of a University reference.
The application should also describe why the grant would be particularly useful to you at this time. Also required is information about other sources of research funding you have currently. Those who have previously applied and did not receive an award are encouraged to apply again.
Research proposals will be reviewed, and the grants awarded, through a peer review process. Grant recipients are expected to submit a written report accounting how the money was at the conclusion of the grant period, and are encouraged to present their research at an Alice Paul Center forum. Any subsequent publication of the research results should acknowledge the support of the Council.