Master of Applied Positive Psychology application deadlines
New Master of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP) program student cohorts are admitted for fall terms only. Your application portfolio, including all transcripts, must be received by the following deadline:
|Fall 2017||March 1, 2017|
Application materials checklist
- Completed online application
- Current résumé
- Nonrefundable application fee
- Application essays, listed below
- Unofficial transcripts from each post-secondary school attended uploaded through the online application system
- Three letters of recommendation (details below)
- Standardized test scores, if applicable (details below)
- WES Credential Evaluation for International Transcripts (details below)
Master of Applied Positive Psychology program application essays
Your application will include essays addressing the following topics. Your essay, which should address each question thoroughly, should be no longer than four typed pages and should be submitted as a single document.
- Have you ever been placed on probation, dismissed or suspended from any college or university for reasons pertaining to academic integrity? If this does not apply, please write N/A in your response. If yes, please include any facts that you believe bear on the significance of this circumstance.
- How did your interest in positive psychology develop? How familiar are you with the field?
- What do you hope to learn in the MAPP program, and how do you expect to apply that knowledge in your professional career?
- How will this affect your career?
- How will this affect the profession in which you are (or will be) working?
Letters of recommendation
Each applicant will submit three letters of recommendation. Letters should come from individuals with whom you have had a close professional or academic association and who know of your desire to study positive psychology at an advanced level. Recommendations may be submitted online (preferred) or by mail. For online recommendations, please follow the instructions in the Recommendations section of the online application.
Standardized test scores
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required of individuals who have completed their bachelor’s degree less than three years prior to the year for which they are applying. For example, if you are applying for Fall of 2019 you will have to submit a GRE score if you graduated after the Spring semester of 2016. Request that your scores report for the GRE test be forwarded to the College of Liberal and Professional Studies, using ETS institutional code 2986.
Upon review of an applicant's file, the Admissions Committee reserves the right to request TOEFL scores.
International transcripts from institutions outside the United States
If your post-secondary credentials are from an institution outside the US, you must submit all post-secondary credentials (undergraduate and graduate) to World Education Services Inc. (WES), a third-party verification agency, for a course-by-course evaluation. Please note this can be a time consuming process. It is in your best interest to begin this process as early as possible.
World Education Services Inc. (WES) must complete a course-by-course evaluation of all post-secondary credentials. The course-by-course evaluation should include the comparability level of your education and list each of your courses along with the equivalent U.S. marks and credit. Please select the WES basic course-by-course evaluation (with GPA and course levels) and request that WES send your evaluation to Penn College of Liberal and Professional Studies Admissions. The school can be found by searching the University of Pennsylvania and then selecting College of Liberal and Professional Studies. The evaluation becomes an official academic record and sole property of the University upon its receipt.
World Education Services Inc. evaluations will be reviewed by our administrators, and the determination of degree equivalency to US degrees is at the discretion of the College of Liberal and Professional Studies. For additional information about the WES application and their review process, you may visit their website at http://wes.org/application/apply_now.asp.