Tuition & Fees
The University of Pennsylvania has announced tuition rates for the 2013-2014 academic year. The rates listed below are for LPS courses only and will be effective Summer 2013 through Spring 2014.
- Tuition is charged per course unit (CU) unless otherwise indicated. Three semester hours are equivalent to 1 CU.
- LPS courses are those listed in the course guide on the LPS website.
- LPS courses end with a section code between "601" and "606" in the Fall and Spring. In Summer LPS courses end with section codes of "900" to "905."
- LPS students taking LPS online courses pay LPS tuition. LPS online courses end with a section code of "635" in Fall and Spring, and with a section code of "935" in Summer.
- Auditing: An auditor is any individual officially registering for a course through the College of Liberal and Professional Studies and not receiving a grade or credit. Auditors pay the same tuition and fees as students taking a course for credit.
All tuition and fee charges are subject to the approval of the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and may change without notice.
2013-2014 Rates for MMP and Certificate Students
|CUs||Tuition||General Fee||Clinical Fee||Total|
General Fee - The general fee constitutes a partial contribution to the support of such essential facilities as a large library system, museums and institutes, and other special facilities and services not directly associated with specific courses. A general fee is charged per CU for each session in which a student enrolls.
Clinical Fee - The clinical fee is required for all students enrolled in 3 or more CUs and allows them unlimited access to the Penn Student Health Service. The clinical fee is automatically posted to student accounts on the first tuition bills of the fall and spring semesters. The charge per semester for the academic year of 2013-2014 is $242.