The purpose of the multi-master's degree program in International Environmental Management is to bring together highly qualified individuals from France, China and the United States with a variety of master’s degrees in a unique and rigorous program that will prepare them to manage complex international environmental challenges.
Advanced students in the Master of Environmental Studies program may apply to this exceptional multi-master’s degree program in International Environmental Management after they have completed eight course units.
If you are accepted into the program, you will study at Tsinghua University in China for three months, and then at Mines ParisTech in France for four months. This study is followed by a six-month internship anywhere in the world.
In total, you will earn three degrees:
- Master of Environmental Studies from the University of Pennsylvania
- Mastère Spécialisè in Environmental Management from Mines ParisTech
- Master of Engineering from Tsinghua University
Together, these credentials provide you with a powerful understanding of environmental challenges and policies around the world.
Our multi-master’s degree students often go on to exciting consulting positions and other jobs across the globe.
The program consists of:
- Eight course units in the Master of Environmental Studies program at Penn
- Four months of intensive seminars at Mines ParisTech in Fontainbleau, France
- Three months of study at the Franco-Chinese Center of Environment and Energy at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China
- A six-month internship with a corporation with which the student has previously arranged an internship to work on an environmental management problem. The report that results from this internship will serve as the capstone for the Master of Environmental Studies program.
Master of Environmental Studies students interested in this program must complete eight course units at Penn before applying to Mines ParisTech, which administers the France and China portions of the program.
Applications are generally due to Mines ParisTech in January each year. Penn students who enter in the fall take a full-time load of courses in the fall and spring and apply for the following fall semester.
For more information on this program, please contact the Program Director.
Read more about the International Advanced Master (Mastère Spécialisé, MS) in Environmental Management at Mines ParisTech.