Domestic Guest Student Program application deadlines
You may apply as a domestic guest student during the fall or spring terms. Your application portfolio, including all transcripts, must be received by the following deadlines:
|Fall 2020||July 1, 2020|
|Spring 2021||December 1, 2020|
You may experience delays in the processing and review of your application due to the COVID-19 virus. We will work with any applicant who is missing documents due to testing delays and closings. Our team may be reached Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please contact us if you have questions at (215) 746-6905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials checklist
- Completed online application
- Nonrefundable application fee
- Application essays, listed below
- Official letter of permission from current college or university (see “Institutional supporting materials” below)
- Unofficial transcripts from each postsecondary school attended, uploaded through the online application system
- If you have completed less than one year of liberal arts work at the college level, a high school transcript or an official score report from the test of General Educational Development (GED) (if you left high school without graduating) is required.
Institutional supporting materials
Students must have written permission from their Dean or the Academic Director of their undergraduate degree program to participate in the program and to transfer the credits earned at the University of Pennsylvania to their home institution. The letter should identify the semester for which the student is applying and should be sent directly to the College of Liberal and Professional Studies office.
Domestic Guest Student Program application essays
Your application will include essays addressing the topics listed below. The essays are reviewed as a reflection of your writing ability, and should be well thought out and polished. (Please compile your responses into a single document, but keep them as separate essays.)
- Describe your educational history and background, making sure to address whether your records and transcripts accurately reflect your academic ability.
- Write a brief essay describing your academic and personal goals and explain how these will be furthered by study at Penn in general and at LPS in particular. Feel free to discuss a specific academic topic you have enjoyed studying and explain why it is of interest to you.
- Describe any nonacademic experiences that you feel strengthen your application such as employment, travel, community affairs, volunteer work, publications, etc.
Letters of recommendation
Letters of Recommendation are not required for the Domestic Guest Student Program. However, you may submit up to three letters of recommendation to support your application. These should be from individuals with whom you have had a close professional or academic association and who know of your desire to enroll at the University of Pennsylvania. Recommendations may be submitted online (preferred) or by mail. For online recommendations, please follow the instructions in the Recommendations section of the online application.
Standardized test scores
Standardized test scores such as the SAT are not required for admission to the program. However, you may choose to submit them in support of your application. Request that your scores be forwarded to the College of Liberal and Professional Studies, using ETS institutional code 2986.
Upon review of an applicant's file, the Admissions Committee reserves the right to request TOEFL scores.