PARTICIPATE IN PENN GRAD TALKS 2023!
Penn Grad Talks are:
• An in-person gathering of Arts & Sciences graduate and professional master's students.
• A chance to practice describing your research to a general audience and to get feedback and a video for your portfolio.
• An opportunity to win cash prizes!
Build your professional portfolio and get a shot at a $500 cash prize (or two)!
APPLICATIONS OPEN JANUARY 9
What is it?
An afternoon of 8-minute TED Talk-style presentations by Penn Arts & Sciences graduate students.
Who is eligible to enter?
Students who are enrolled in the spring of 2023, in a doctoral or master's program through the School of Arts & Sciences Graduate Division, or in a master's program in the School of Arts & Sciences College of Liberal and Professional Studies.
Why would I do this?
• Practice describing your work to general audiences
• Get an edited recording of your talk and feedback from our judges
• Did we mention there are cash prizes?
When and Where?
Friday, February 24, 2023
Widener Lecture Hall, Penn Museum
How do I enter?
Submit an abstract of no more that 200 words describing your proposed topic between January 5 and January 25.
We will select up to five finalists in each of four categories: Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, and Professional Masters. Finalists will be notified on February 6. All applicants will need to indicate that they agree for their talks to be posted online.
Click here for more information on Penn Grad Talks, including winning presentations from previous years.
Please email any questions to email@example.com.