We recommend that all software (operating system, browser, Flash, Java, etc.) be completely up to date before the start of each synchronous and asynchronous class session.
- We recommend a minimum screen size of 1024x600, which is the average size of a netbook.
- We also recommend an internet connection no slower than a 512 Kbps download speed.
- Windows XP SP3–Windows 8 are supported. Mac OS X 10.6–10.9 are supported. ChromeOS is supported. iOS 5 and new and Android 2.3 and newer are supported.
- The following browsers are supported:
- Internet Explorer 9 and 10
- Chrome 29 and 30
- Safari 5 and 6
- Firefox 23 and 24
- Flash 10 and 11 (if you want to use the audio/video recording or viewing feature or upload files)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser 4.0
For Adobe Connect
- For the best possible classroom experience, students are recommended to use a headset with a microphone. We recommend the Logitech ClearChat USB headset for best results.
- We recommend a wired broadband internet connection with no slower than a 512 Kbps download speed. Cellular connections (4G, CLEAR, etc.) may not be fast or stable enough for a smooth class experience. Use at your own risk
- We recommend Firefox 24 for maximum compatibility and stability.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 are supported. Mac OS X 10.5–10.9 are supported. Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu 12.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, and OpenSuSE 11.3 are also supported.
- There are mobile Adobe Connect apps for iOS and Android.
For more information, see the official Adobe Connect tech specs page.
Spring Workshops for Faculty & TAs
Wednesday, March 19th - 3624 Market Street, Suite 5W
1:00 - 2:30: Canvas Basics for Online Classes
2:30 - 3:00: Office Hours with Canvas support team/Refreshments/Break
3:00 - 4:00: Assessments in Canvas
4:00 - 5:00: Adobe Connect Basics
Tuesday, March 25th - Online workshop (webinar) in Adobe Connect
1:00 - 2:00: Adobe Connect Basics
2:00 - 3:30: Canvas Basics for Online Classes
3:30 - 4:00: Office Hours with Canvas support team/Questions
4:00 - 5:00: Assessments in Canvas
Please e-mail email@example.com to register.
Penn Arts & Sciences MOOCs
Arts & Sciences MOOCs are open at various times throughout the year.
Past and Current Offerings: