- Careers in SAS
- SAS HR Programs
- Recruiting & Onboarding
- Employee Rights
Welcome to the Online Appraisal Process
The University utilizes a web-based system for the management of the annual performance appraisal process.
The self-appraisals and performance appraisals completed in the automated system contain the same content and format as the forms to which those who have completed the appraisals in the past have become accustomed. Please use the automated system to give feedback on 2015 goals, give feedback on established competencies, establish goals, expectations and projects for 2016, establish competencies and professional development plans for the coming appraisal cycle and, when appraising your staff members, select an overall performance rating.
- For supervisors who used the standard appraisal form, the system will pre-populate goals from FY2015 PROVIDED the current supervisor was also the author of the goals and appraisal from FY2015.
Some key points to keep in mind include the following:
- The self-appraisal does not request the staff member to rate themselves with an overall rating
- When a supervisor is completing the performance appraisal for his or her staff member, the request for an overall rating prompt appears at the end of the automated form.
- A supervisor may view the performance appraisals of their direct reports as well as the appraisals of the staff supervised by their direct reports.
- The secure, confidential system is accessible at the following link: https://apps.hr.upenn.edu/portal.
Other features of the Online Performance Appraisal System include:
- the ability to save a confidential draft that you can revisit at a later point; you are not obligated to complete the appraisal in one sitting
- the ability to create the appraisal or self-appraisal in a Word document and upload the completed document into the system
- the ability to upload additional supporting documentation to the self-appraisal and appraisal
- important automatic email prompts at critical steps in the process will assist in the completion of the appraisal process
The Online Performance Appraisal System is available now. You can access the system 24/7 at https://apps.hr.upenn.edu/portal by using your PennKey and password.
All self-appraisals, annual performance appraisals and appraisal meetings in the School of Arts and Sciences must be completed by May 8, 2015.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the Online Performance Appraisal System there are several options:
- Access the most recent User’s Manual on SAS HR website at http://www.sas.upenn.edu/sashr/content/sections/managers-supervisors/ann...
- Use the “Ask a Question” button in the application to email your questions to SAS HR.
- Contact SAS HR staff by writing to email@example.com with your questions.
- Receive guidance by scrolling down to the online training module for supervisors completing an appraisal at the following website: www.hr.upenn.edu/myhr/payandperform/appraisal/performance