Eligibility | Application Deadlines | Application Instructions
Application Deadline: May 15, 2016
Applications for 2016 summer programs are now open! Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis through the deadline of May 15, 2016, or until programs have reached full capacity. Admissions decisions will be posted to your online application account. You will receive an email notice when your admissions decision is available.
The Neuroscience Research Academy is now full and closed to non-Philadelphia School District students.
How to Apply
Applications may only be submitted through our online application system. Please note: this system is utilized for undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs in addition to summer high school programs. Do not be alarmed if the language references these other programs.
An application must contain all of the following in order to be considered complete:
- Completed online application
- High school transcripts
- Domestic Applicants: Upload unofficial or official transcripts to online application or mail/email
- International Applicants: Upload, email, or mail an official copy of high school transcripts
- Application essays, questions listed below
- Standardized test scores, if applicable: upload or email score reports; PSAT, SAT, ACT accepted
- Domestic Applicants: Optional if English is your native language
- International Applicants: TOEFL (or TOEFL equivalent) scores are required if English is not your native language. PSAT, SAT, or ACT are also acceptable.
- One letter of recommendation
- Non-refundable application fee of $75.00. Payable online by credit card.
- Waiver: Any applicant from one of the following organizations is eligible for an application fee waiver. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (attention: Lauren More) to request a fee waiver code, which must be used on the payment screen before submitting the application. Include your full name, the program to which you are applying, and the name of your sponsoring organization.
- Achievement First
- DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education
- Ivy League Connection
- Minds Matter
- Right Angle Foundation
- Schuler Scholars Foundation
Penn Summer High School Programs
University of Pennsylvania
3440 Market Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3335
Please respond to the following questions. Number your essays clearly and upload responses together in one document using the upload button located within the online application. Each individual response should not exceed 400 words. We value thoughtfulness and quality over quantity.
- Briefly describe your academic and personal goals and explain how these will be further achieved by studying in the University of Pennsylvania's Summer High School Program. Feel free to discuss the particular program or courses to which you are applying as well as other aspects of summer study at Penn.
- Select a few of your non-academic or extra-curricular experiences and explain how these supplement your academic and personal growth.
- If English is not your native language, please describe your English educational background and experience.
If you have questions about the residential or extracurricular portions of Penn Summer High School Programs please contact Miranda Chesson, Penn Summer Discovery Residential Manager, at 516-414-5550. Any academic or Penn-specific inquiries may be directed to Lauren More, Penn's Manager of Summer Sessions, at email@example.com.
The course listing presented here is subject to change. Please confirm all information on the the University of Pennsylvania Registrar's website or via Penn InTouch (PennKey required)