I pay, usually $4-$8, for doing a study, which can take up to 30 min to do, usually less. I pay through PayPal, after every study. To get your money, you will have to have an account there, but you don't need that now. PayPal will notify you when you need to open an account. (You can add email addresses to an existing account if you want to do that.)
When a study is available, I send email to some of those on my mailing list (with everyone getting an equal chance). If you are registered (on my list), you should expect to get email about once a month (or, now, less, as I don't have a grant). Each study will be available until I get enough responses on it.
I have about 700 people on my mailing list.
I remove people from the list whose email address is no longer valid, who block my mail with a spam filter, who send me a request to verify my email, or who have not done anything for a few years.
* To be paid, you must be registered, and you must have a PayPal account using the email address where you receive notices of new studies.
* When you do a study, you identify yourself with your email address.
* To be paid for a study, you must answer all the questions seriously. Payment is not automatic. I look at the answers.
* Please keep track of which studies you have done. To help you do this, I send an automated email reply, which goes to the address you give me, when you complete a study. If you do not get it in a few minutes, check your spam, and then, if needed, use the fail-safe mechanism described below.
* You must be 18 or older to do these studies.
If you want to change your information or remove yourself, or ask about missing payments, send me email: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*These studies should work on all current browsers. Old versions of Internet Explorer do not work
*I have a fail-safe mechanism, which prints your data on your screen at the study's end, with instructions to paste them into an email message to me, if the submission failed.
I do not use pop-ups, so you can block pop-ups if you want. I do use alerts. Do not block those.
You do not need to stay connected to the internet while you do the study. You can disconnect while you are doing it, then connect again before you click the submit button. You can also save the entire study, even move it to another computer, and do it later - but please let me know if you plan to wait a day. However, do not turn off your computer if you are not finished.
Last modified 06/07/18