Bibliographies on Language Attitudes
What follows are four bibliographies, plus a thesis with extensive
bibliography, compiled by other people on the
subject of Language Attitudes , i.e. the study of societal
attitudes toward and about language(s), in particular and in general.
There is some overlap between them. Following these, some bibliographies I
- Kit Woolard's Bibliography
- Xu Daming's Bibliography
- Luisa Maffi's Bibliography
- A Bibliography contributed by Susan
- Abstract of a recent M.A.
Thesis (and bibliography) by
B. Soukup at Georgetown University, on subject of southern American speech
attitudes toward the variety.
- Here is a bibliography I compiled by doing an LLBA search for
'language attitudes' and 'English:'
- Here's another one compiled from an LLBA search for