Language Policy since Collapse of Soviet Union in 1991:
Handouts for LING 540/SARS 543, Language Policy
Policy in non-Russian ex-Soviet states.
H. Schiffman, Instructor
- Article by Curt Woolhiser on Belarus.
- Article on language and citizenship in
- An article on language issues in Kazakhstan.
- Longer article entitled Introducing
- Recent article in Language Policy by Uldis Ozolins about the
Baltic States and their attempts to satisfy requirements of the European Union
on language and ethnic minorities.
- Recent article in NYTimes about Muslims in
southern Russia and the problems they are having.
- Interesting stuff on problems of script conversion (latinization) in