Bibliography on Teaching ESL in the Multilingual Classroom
- Cary, S. (1997). Second language learners. York, Maine: Stenhouse
- Enright, D. S. & McCloskey, M. (1988). Integrating English: Developing
English language and literacy in the multilingual classroom. Reading,
- Faltis, C. (1997). Joinfostering: Adapting teaching for the
multilingual classroom. New York: Merrill/Macmillan
- Hayes, C.W., Bahruth, R. & Kessler, C. (1991). Literacy Con
Carino. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
- Meyers, M. (1993). Teaching to Diversity: Teaching and Learning
in the Multiethnic Classroom. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley
- Rigg, P., & Allen, V. (Eds.) (1989). When they don't all speak
English: Integrating the ESL student into the regular classroom.
Urbana, IL: NCTE.
- Scarcella, R. (1990). Teaching language minority students in the
multicultural classroom. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Tough, J. (1985). Talk two: Children using English as a second
language in primary school. London: Onyx Press
- Wong Fillmore, L. (1979). Individual differences in second language
acquisition. In c.J. Fillmore, D. Kempler, W. S-Y. Wang (Eds.), Individual
differences in language ability and language behavior (pp. 203- 228). New
York: Academic Press.