More popular culture stuff about accents
- A political cartoon focussing on Texas accents
and that of our President.
- While we're at it, a more 'scientific' study of Texas
- A newspaper report about an Italian soccer star stereotyped as 'stupid' because
of his Roman accent (and how he
made lemonade out of lemons.)
- Visit this website and test your
attitudes and stereotypes.
- Use of a chihuahua with a Mexican accent by Taco Bell in a commercial
- A website where an actor named Michael Lucas advertises his abilities as a voiceover artist. (He specializes in
getting the 'feel' you require: "traditional, hard-sell, soft-sell, confident,
excited, or with an attitude," whatever you want!)
- A website mentioning the lives and careers of two voice-over actors.
- A webpage devoted to the issue of
Accommodation Theory, or why we vary our speech depending on the person we are
- A report on social attribution and language that claims that people who 'sound
sexy' actually have
more active sex lives.
- A website which supposedly converts text from one dialect to another.
- A page devoted to the non-standard
New York accent (NYNSE), a.k.a. "Brooklynese."