Lesson 5: Visiting Friends 看朋友                                                        prepared by Wang Jiajia

 

Grammar Review:

  1. Subject + + adjective (describe a state)

      高兴。(I’m happy.)

      他的女朋友漂亮。(His girlfriend is pretty.)

      我们的学校很大,也漂亮。(Our school is big, and also beautiful.)

  1. Sub. + Adj. (to make a comparison) (TB, pp. 98 note)

看电视有意思还是看电影有意思

(Is watching TV or watching movie more interesting?)

看电影有意思(Watching movie is more interesting.)

中国饭好吃还是美国饭好吃(Is Chinese food tastier or American food tastier?)

好吃/不好吃(Both/Neither.)           

  1. Sub. + Time + location + activity     Question word 在哪儿)

在学校/ 在家/ 在图书馆/ 在中国/ 在哪儿

      我常常在图书馆看书。(I often read books in the library.)

      我喜欢在家看电视。(I like to watch TV at home.)

      你去年在哪儿工作?(Where did you work last year?)

      你喜欢在哪儿喝咖啡/茶?(Where do you like to have coffee/tea?)

  1. Tone moderator
    • Verb + 一下: 看一下/听一下/坐一下/介绍一下/进来一下

      看一下,可以吗?(May I have a look?)

      介绍一下,这是我姐姐。(Let me introduce, this is my sister.)

      进来一下(Please come in for a moment.)

    • Verb + ()点儿 + object:  喝一点儿水/可乐/咖啡//啤酒

      喝一点儿水吧。(Please have some water.)

      我想喝一点啤酒(I want to have some beer.)

    • Sentence + 吧。

      请进来(Please come in.)

      请坐(Please sit down.)

      我们去跳舞/看电影(Let’s go dancing/watching movie.)

  1. particle to signify completion of an action or event, which may take place either in past or in future.
    • At the end of a sentence: Verb + object +

昨天晚上我看电视了(Last night I watched TV.)

上个周末我去看电影了(Last weekend I went to a movie.)

    • After verb (with quantity): verb ++ quantity + object

喝了一杯咖啡(I had a cup of coffee.)

我昨天喝了一点儿啤酒(Yesterday I had some beer.)

    • Negative: ()+ verb                            

我昨天没有喝啤酒。(Yesterday I didn’t have any beer.)

上个周末我没去跳舞。(Last weekend I didn’t go dancing.)

    • Interrogative: verb ++/没有?verb + +verb ?

你昨天喝啤酒了吗/没有(Did you drink beer yesterday?)

你昨天喝啤酒

  1. 认识 v.s. 认识了

      我认识那个王老师,可是我不认识这个王老师。

(I know that Wang laoshi, but I don’t know this Wang laoshi.)

      上个星期我认识了李老师的女朋友。

(Last week I got to know (=was introduced to) Li laoshi’s girlfriend.)

  1. Adverb (then and only then) to indicate that the action happened later than one had expected.

      我请他六点钟吃饭,可是他七点钟来。

(I invited him for dinner at 6, but at 7, then and only then, he came.)

      昨天晚上,我十二点钟睡觉。(Last night at 12, then and only then, I went to bed.)

  1. Adverb 一起 (together): 一起 + action: 一起喝咖啡/看电视/看电影/跳舞

      上个星期六我和我的女朋友一起去看电影了。

(Last Saturday my girlfriend and I went to a movie together.)

  1. + sb. + sth. (to give somebody something)

      请给我一杯可乐。(Please give me a glass of coke.)

  1. (want, will): + action; + something

      我要去跳舞。(I will go dancing.)

      我要一杯可乐。(I want a glass of coke.)