Wherever you are in life, or in the world, the College of Liberal and Professional Studies (LPS) offers ambitious students—from veterans and international scholars to high school students and working professionals—an opportunity to take full advantage of the Ivy League. Our renowned professors, global alumni network and state-of-the-art facilities guarantee an academic experience that can jumpstart your career, prepare you for post-graduate studies or help you achieve your goals. At LPS, the power of Penn is yours to create.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- International Guest Student Program
- Domestic Guest Student Program
- Master of Applied Positive Psychology
- Master of Chemical Sciences
- Master of Environmental Studies
- Master of Science in Applied Geosciences
- Master of Liberal Arts
- Medical Physics Programs
- Non-Traditional Graduate Studies
- Organizational Dynamics
Study on Penn's campus, travel the world through Penn Summer Abroad or take a course online.
What LPS program is best for you?
Learn about the offerings for all types of future Penn students.
Meet our students
Bachelor of Arts, Social Science, 2017—expected
“You’re more focused when you go to school later in life. You know who you are and understand the dynamics of a career, and you know what’s needed to get to the next level. You see how the skills you’re learning are transferrable into your work life.”
Master of Liberal Arts '13; Concentration: History and Writing
“The MLA staff was incredibly helpful and responsive. At first I thought, oh no, I can't do fiction! But Program Director Chris Pastore helped me visualize how my interest could be turned into a capstone project that would eventually help me earn my degree.”
Master of Environmental Studies ’04
“The MES program helped me get my career going. The broad perspective it gave me in policy and on-the-ground science focused my understanding of how the EPA does its work.”
The University of Pennsylvania English Language Programs
Instruction in English as a second or international language as well as testing, consulting services and cross-cultural training for social, professional, academic or personal needs.
Arts & Sciences Online Learning
The home of The School of Arts and Sciences’ fully online and for-credit courses, massive open online courses (MOOCs), online student communities, and hybrid learning.
- Read about how Matthew Lee (MES ’08), Environmental Protection Specialist, and his commitment to environmental equality. More >
- “I don’t want to be just the Swedish kid,” laughs Lukas Rosander, a Stockholm native who is studying international relations in the College of Liberal and Professional Studies’ Bachelor of Arts program. More >