Tuition & Fees
The University of Pennsylvania has announced tuition rates for the 2013-2014 academic year. The rates listed below are for LPS courses only and will be effective Summer 2013 through Spring 2014.
- Tuition is charged per course unit (c.u.). Three semester hours are equivalent to 1 c.u.
- MES courses end with a section code of "660" in the Fall and Spring. In Summer MES courses end with section code of "960."
- Auditing: An auditor is any individual officially registering for a course through the College of Liberal and Professional Studies and not receiving a grade or credit. Auditors pay the same tuition and fees as students taking a course for credit.
All tuition and fee charges are subject to the approval of the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and may change without notice.
2013-2014 Rates for MES Students
(Fall and Spring only)
General Fee - The general fee constitutes a partial contribution to the support of such essential facilities as a large library system, museums and institutes, and special laboratories. A general fee is charged for each session in which a student enrolls.
Program Fee - The program fee is charged in the Fall and Spring semesters only.
Clinical Fee - The clinical fee is required for students enrolled in 3 or more c.u.s and allows them unlimited access to the Penn Student Health Service.
Penn Student Financial Services (SFS) offers two publications to help prospective and current students navigate the process:
- Financing a Graduate/Professional Education (PDF) provides information about the application process and the types of aid that are available to master’s and post-baccalaureate students at Penn LPS.
- Information for Graduate/Professional School Financial Aid Recipients (PDF) explains procedures for students who have received a notice of financial aid from SFS.
The SFS website also includes information about the types of student loans available to LPS graduate and post-baccalaureate students.
For further information, visit the LPS section of the Student Financial Services website.