Tuition and Fees
Your tuition at the University of Pennsylvania is calculated at a per course unit (c.u.) rate* based on the program you choose and the number of course units for which you register unless otherwise indicated. The rates listed below will be effective fall 2014 through spring 2015. Summer tuition information is available on the Penn Summer tuition and fees page. All tuition and fee charges are subject to the approval of the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and may change without notice.
College of Liberal and Professional Studies tuition
Tuition for College of Liberal and Professional Studies (LPS) courses taken by Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate students are billed at the rates listed in the table below.
Fall 2014-Spring 2015 Tuition and Fee Rates for Pre-Health
Post-Baccalaureate Programs College of Liberal and Professional Studies Courses
|Course Units||Tuition||Program Fee||General Fee||Tech Fee||Clinical Fee||Recreation Fee||Total|
College of Liberal and Professional Studies courses end with a section code between 601 and 606 in the fall and spring. In summer, LPS courses end with section codes of 900 to 909.
Non-College of Liberal and Professional Studies Tuition
Pre-Health Programs students who are taking courses outside of the College of Liberal and Professional Studies (i.e., in other schools of the University such as the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, the Wharton School of Business, the School of Nursing or the College of Arts and Sciences) are charged the tuition of that school.
Fall 2014-Spring 2015 Tuition and Fee Rates
Outside the College of Liberal and Professional Studies
|Course Units (c.u.)||Tuition||General Fee||Tech Fee||Total|
Students enrolling in classes offered at other schools of the University should coordinate closely with their program director and academic advisors to fully understand the tuition implications. For complete course taking policies please see the Pre-Health Programs Student Handbook (PDF).
- Program Fee: The program fee supports activities and events specific to the Pre-Health Programs.
- General Fee: The general fee constitutes a partial contribution to the support of such essential facilities as a large library system, museums and institutes, and special laboratories.
- Technology Fee: The technology fee covers all the public computing labs, networking access and a host of other computing services and local support.
- Clinical Fee: The clinical fee is required for students enrolled in four or more course units and allows them unlimited access to the Penn Student Health Service.
- Recreation Fee: The recreation fee is required for students enrolled in four or more course units for automatic membership in the Pottruck Health and Fitness Center.
*Academic credit is defined by the University of Pennsylvania as a course unit (c.u.). Generally, a 1 c.u. course at Penn is equivalent to a three or four semester hour course elsewhere. In general, the average course offered at Penn is listed as being worth 1 c.u.; courses that include a lecture and a lab are often worth 1.5 c.u.