Students graduating from LPS programs are invited to two celebratory events: the LPS Graduation Ceremony and University Commencement. At the LPS Graduation Ceremony, your degree program will be called to the stage and your name will be announced. At the University Commencement, students from each school at Penn are seated and stand together as President Gutmann announces each class as a whole.
Important Action Items for Graduating Students
- Order Graduation Regalia from the Penn Bookstore (215-898-7595)
- RSVP for the LPS Ceremony and Reception (deadline is May 1, 2015)
- Register for the Penn Alumni Community
LPS Graduation Ceremony Details
Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is located at 3680 Walnut Street on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania. It has been designed to accommodate the needs of individuals with physical disabilities.
- Garage on the corner of 38th and Walnut Streets
- Valet parking: The Inn at Penn at 3600 Sansom Street
- Sheraton Hotel: Corner of 36th Street and Chestnut Street
- Garage at the corner of 40th and Walnut Streets (at The Fresh Grocer)
- Street Parking
We recommend that you review these parking locations before arriving at the ceremony. Additional information on Penn parking locations is available at: http://cms.business-services.upenn.edu/parking/lot-locations-and-daily-rates.html
It is imperative that graduating students arrive at Annenberg Center promptly by 3:00pm. Please bring your academic regalia; LPS staff will direct you to the second-floor robing area (Room 511). Students should look for signage designating the meeting location for their particular program: AA, BA, BFA, MLA, M.Phil (Liberal Arts), MES, MSAG, MAPP, MMP, M.Phil, (Dynamics), MSOD. Report to the administrator assigned to your program area for check-in and to determine your place in the processional line. Students will process in proper order from the robing area into the theatre/ceremony starting at 3:45pm.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.