Penn delivers the challenge of an Ivy League curriculum to academically talented high school students seeking a pre-collegiate experience. Explore Penn's historic campus, engage with leading faculty and build intellectual connections within accelerated two, three or six week Penn Summer High School Programs.
Session A: July 10 – July 22, 2017
Session B: July 24 – August 5, 2017
The Penn Summer Prep Program offers the challenge of college-level academics within an exploratory, non-credit environment. Students enroll in two immersive modules from across disciplines while benefiting from the rich educational resources of the university, experiencing college life on Penn’s historic campus and exploring the vibrant city of Philadelphia.
July 2 – July 22, 2017
Academies are subject-intensive three-week programs that fuse sophisticated scientific or social theory with relevant application. The science academies draw upon Penn's cutting-edge technology and resources to provide innovative lab experiences while the humanities academies draw upon the rich history and diversity of Philadelphia to provide a sociologically comprehensive summer experience.
June 27 – August 5, 2017
A true Penn experience! Pre-College students enroll in undergraduate courses for college credit and have the unique opportunity to explore the University as a residential student, including access to dorms and dining halls, recreational facilities, college admissions workshops and full undergraduate academic resources.
Session I: May 22 – June 28, 2017
Session II: June 29 – August 4, 2017
An Ivy League experience for local students! Young Scholars enroll in one or two undergraduate courses for college credit alongside Penn students and have access to full undergraduate academic resources, including libraries, academic advising, college admissions workshops and learning resources.
Penn also offers numerous summer programs managed by divisions outside of Penn Summer, including:
- Architecture: Summer at Penn
- Art: Summer at Penn
- Girls in Engineering, Math, & Science (GEMS)
- Hindi-Urdu STARtalk Program
- KWHS Global Young Leaders Academy
- Leadership in the Business World
- Management & Technology Summer Institute (M&TSI)
- Penn Law Pre-College Summer Academy
- Penn Medicine Summer Program for High School Students
- Engineering Summer Academy at Penn (ESAP)
- Summer Mentorship Program (SMP)
- Teen Research and Education in Environmental Studies (TREES)
- Wharton Moneyball Academy
- Wharton Sports Business Academy