Matlab is available in all SAS Computing computer labs and is installed in all SAS classrooms. Faculty and research staff may purchase Matlab through Penn's volume license; SAS students are eligible to get Matlab at no cost for use in their course work.
Students can get Matab for free for use in their course work. Cick here for details about student licensing
Purchasing Matlab for Research
- A Penn budget code is required to purchase licenses.
- When ordering,select the "Mathworks Penn Bundle Single User License" option
- Mac, Windows and Linux versions are available
- SAS researchers receive a special price of $200 for a 1-year license; $30 off the posted list price. The discount will be applied when your order is processed.
- All licenses are for a 1-year period from September 1 through August 31
- The license covers academic research only. Matlab may be subject to export restrictions. Review the license before use for commercially funded research, external consulting or international travel. All Matlab users are responsible to use this software in accordance with the license restrictions.
- Please check the Mathworks web site for complete Matlab system requirements.
- Faculty who need to run Matlab on computing clusters or who have large orders that will total over $2000 should contact SAS Computing at to get a custom quote for their needs.
- Click here to access the Matlab order form for orders under $2000.