Penn is committed to supporting students who experience unfair treatment, bias, harassment, or any form of violence, and to addressing these incidents.

All students at the University who feel that they have been discriminated against by an individual or office acting for the University or that the University is not complying with the requirements of Title VI, Title IX, or the Rehabilitation Act, have a right to register a complaint and seek redress of their grievance, following our Student Grievance Procedures. Academic, administrative, and employment grievances are also covered. The University has a number of other applicable policies and procedures including a Policy Against Retaliation, Alcohol & Drug Policy, and Sexual Misconduct Policy. For a full list of University policies and regulations, visit

Students wishing to initiate a complaint against a member of the Penn community for sexual misconduct – which includes sexual harassment, sexual violence, relationship violence, and stalking – should contact the Associate Vice President for Equity and Title IX Officer (AVP). See the Sexual Misconduct Policy, Resource Offices and Complaint Procedures for more information. Penn Violence Prevention provides support and information about options for reporting sexual misconduct.

Students wishing to lodge an official complaint of discrimination and/or retaliation can pursue either formal mediation or a formal complaint of discrimination and/or retaliation through the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs. Affirmative Action maintains a Complaint of Discrimination, Harassment and/or Retaliation Form. Individuals also may report having been treated in a biased or discriminatory manner by completing a Bias Incident Reporting Form. This form may be used to report incidents of bias involving Penn students, faculty, or staff. You are not required to provide your name or contact information. Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent possible.

To report a student engaged in other types of conduct violations and/or academic integrity violations, contact the Office of Student Conduct, which is responsible for matters of student discipline.

The Office of Student Conduct's Mediation & Conflict Resolution Program helps Penn students who are involved in a personal dispute (for example, a relationship, house mate, or group conflict) resolve the conflict by using a variety of conflict resolution tools, including mediation.

Recognizing that there are many options here that may be confusing to a student, Penn provides several Confidential Campus Resources that can help students sort through options and decide whether and how to make a formal report.
These include:

Students wishing to provide general information and impressions about their academic programs can fill out the Graduate Group Feedback Form:

Graduate Group Feedback Form