The application system for Fall 2021 will open on October 1, 2020. Please refer to this site for current information.
Fall 2021 Application deadline* ~ December 15, 2020 11:59 pm P.S.T.
(Fellowship and Scholarship consideration for most programs) *
The Graduate Division uses an online application system (paper applications no longer accepted). You are advised to check your individual graduate group for specialized requirements and deadlines.
Required application materials:
- Online application form
- Application fee payment ($90) (McNair Scholars may fill out this form for a fee waiver)
- Transcripts uploaded to the application
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- GRE, where required. Check your graduate group for details on program requirements.
- Demonstration of English proficiency, where required
- Writing sample, where required
- The Graduate Division may request additional academic documents, as needed.
You may access your application to update or change information until you submit the application to us. Once your application has been submitted, you will be able to check its status and note the receipt of supporting documentation. It is important that applicants continue to check on the status of their applications until all supporting materials have been received. In order to expedite the review of your materials, we strongly suggest that you take advantage of the option to scan unofficial copies of your transcript. An official copy of your transcript will be requested when you have been admitted.
Be advised that most admissions decisions for the PhD degree are made in the Spring. Admission decisions are made by individual graduate groups. The official acceptance letter is generated by the Office of the Graduate Division of Arts and Sciences, although students may also receive a separate letter from the chair of the graduate group.