The Graduate Student Resource Guide and the Policies and Procedures manual provide useful links to the financial assistance available at the University of Pennsylvania. The Office of Student Financial Services offers more specific information and assistance to graduate students seeking to finance their education, including loans to help with start-up costs, such as the purchase of a computer or filling the gap until the first stipend check comes at the end of September.

The current fees and costs of graduate education at Penn are listed here. For information on their own student bills, financial aid and loan status, students can contact Penn in Touch.

Graduate groups are an essential source of information about funding for graduate students. The Office of Career Services provides an overview of fellowship and scholarship opportunities at the University as well as information about fellowships designed specifically for graduate students in the School of Arts and Sciences. Those graduate students whose funding involves classroom teaching receive preparation and support through the Graduate Student Teaching Resource Network. In addition, Finaid and Fastweb two additional sites that provides search capabilities.

There are a number of sources of information on specific funding resources. The Vice-Provost for Graduate Education publishes the most recent funding announcements. Other important sources for funding information include:

Graduate students can obtain information about travel grants from:

Information on work study jobs and financial loans for graduate students is available from the Office of Financial Services. A number of external loan forms may be downloaded from the Office of Financial Services. Click here for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

The Student Employment Office receives listings from employers both on and off campus. Graduate students may also find employment through the Career Service.

Federal and Pennsylvania state tax forms can be downloaded.

Banking facilities are discussed in the Graduate Student Resource Guide.